Thursday, September 8, 2011

Product Review: Mat Kearney's 3rd Album "Young Album"

Mat Kearney's "Young Album" was literally music to my ears. I have been waiting to discover really good music. Lately, I have been hooked on Adele, Colbie Caillat, Jason Mraz and Lady Antebellum. But I was looking for something a little bit more upbeat but still mellow. Mat Kearney was the answer to that! His voice reminds me of Counting Crows' lead singer Adam Duritz voice. It's very calming and is very soulful. Every time I hear "Hey Mama", I just want to dance in my seat (I'm usually in the car when I listen to music). Since I'm a Mom, I just feel like it's the perfect song to get me going at the beginning of the day. I am in love with his voice! I love the following songs: Sooner or Later, Down, She's Got the Honey and Rochester...all such different songs from each other but they all suck me in (in a good way) entirely.

It's really easy to listen to the whole album from beginning to end. I like the fact that I can play the whole album while the kids are in the car too, it's hard to find pop music that I are "safe" for the kids to listen to these days. I like Bruno Mars and Travie McCoy too but the words are just not all that suitable for the kiddos. Mat Kearney is a wonderful artist and I hope he makes another album!

*I received this CD as a part of the "Mat Kearney" project and I am a member of One2One Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment