Saturday, October 27, 2012

One2OneNetwork: Chris Mann's ROADS Album Review


Over a year ago, Chris Mann was featured on one of the other campaigns I participated in (I forget which website it was?) as a new upcoming artist.  A few months later, he actually became the fourth place finalist from the second season of “The Voice”. He was able to work with Christina Aguilera as his mentor. I was in awe of not only of his talents (he is an awesome singer!) but also of his good looks.  He is a hottie!  

I was really excited about getting picked to review his new album "ROADS" (released Oct. 30, 2012) for One2OneNetwork!  His voice reminds me of a crossover between Josh Groban, Michael Buble and Elliott Yamin.  He just has a really sensual side to him with a little R&B and opera mixed in with his contemporary style of music.  He can reach really high notes (think in the styles of Christina Aguilera & Celine Dion) which is impressive.  He sings with such romanticism and passion, makes you melt like butter.  This album would be perfect to play during a dinner party or a romantic night with your lover...or while you're relaxing in the hot tub with some candles lit up

The first song Roads in the album is probably my favorite. The words have so much meaning for me personally.  His renditions of songs like "I Need You Now" (by Lady Antebellum), "On A Night Like This" (by Dave Barnes) and "Ave Maria" (a classic!) were very well done.  Not to say the other songs weren't well done at all, but those were some of my other favorites.  He sang Coldplay's song "Viva La Vida" and I just didn't think it suited him.  Although I like the song itself, I just didn't think it was his kind of style.  But good for him for trying.  Overall, I think he has a heavenly voice and is great eye candy.  His album wasn't mind-blowing by any means but I thought it was a good debut.   ;)

I encourage you to purchase his album and check out for yourself how great he really is as an artist.  You can purchase t
he album on iTunes (http://bit.ly/SgkwJb) or Amazon.com (http://amzn.to/XQpJc8).  I promise, you will not be disappointed!  For more information about Chris Mann, check out his main website ChrisMannMusic.com - bit.ly/CMannMusic.


*This is a review post from One2One Network. I was provided with a copy of the album and I am eligible for a prize drawing. All opinions stated are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment